3 student tips to glam up your Christmas
Welcome back to University of Gloucestershire alumni and beauty vlogger Pearla!
Just in time for this year’s festivities, she lets us in on easy, cost-effective ways to add some sparkle to your seasonal celebrations…
Hi everyone, it’s that time of year again… Christmas is right around the corner!
You’re probably looking for things to decorate your house, and makeup tips for the party season too.
I found Christmas decorations quite pricey for student pocket.
However, most UK towns and cities have pound shops, and these are perfect for giving your home a festive feel!
Here’s a few examples I have to share:
Here you can get a Christmas stocking to put your wish inside, trinkets for your Christmas tree, or a window sticker asking Santa to stop by. ^_^
Poundland’s Instagram posted this awesome example of how to add those extra touches to your bedroom to get into the festive spirit:
This time of year, many cities have special markets, and the one in Cheltenham is exceptionally beautiful.
You can buy some handmade clothes for winter, jewellery, and accessories for the house, or eat tasty foods and drink some mulled wine.
Christmas party makeup:
Last of all, I love perfecting my yuletide look for parties and dinners for the holidays.
Holiday makeup perfect for dinner with friends:
Products used in this makeup tutorial:
Eye shadow – Makeup Geek & GOSH palettes
Eye liner – by Collection in black & Xtreme silver liquid liner by GOSH
- First start with a light brown on your eyes to make a base.
- Using Bitten from the Makeup Geek palette or a dark cherry colour, apply to the outer third of your eyelids.
- Next, touch up with a darker colour in the outer corner of your eyes to make the colour more intense.
- Add the silver liquid liner to the inner corner of your eyes, by the bridge of your nose and blend it in with a makeup brush.
- Apply your black eyeliner and mascara last to pull the whole look together.
- Finish up with your favourite blush and go-to red lipstick.
See the full video here: Pearla Nguyen Christmas Makeup Tutorial
So here’s my tips on glamming up in time for New Year Eve…
Colourful and fun makeup, all with products you can find at your local high street shops:
Products used in this video:
Eyes Primer – Eden by Urban Decay
Eye Shadow – the nudes palette by Maybelline, ‘Viva Diva’ blue by Seventeen, and glitter dust by BarryM
Eye Liner – Black eyeliner by Collection
- Firstly, it’s important to apply foundation and concealer.
- Then move on the the eyes, using primer to help the makeup last longer.
- Next use a light brown colour shadow for your eyes to make a base colour, followed by a very bright, light blue applied on your eyelids.
- Next use a fine makeup brush to apply glitter on the border of the blue eyeshadow colour, in the crease of your eyelid.
- Add a darker shade from your Maybelline Nudes palette above the glitter line, and blend up towards your eyebrows.
- Complete the look with your regular blusher, and some lovely dark pink or red lipstick.
View the full tutorial video here: Pearla Nguyen New Year’s Eve Makeup Tutorial
You are ready to go now. Good Luck!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone.
If you’re interested in studying at the University of Gloucestershire, please speak to your Education Counsellor.
Find out more about celebrating Christmas in another culture: read our posts on My Christmas in China, Essential tips for international students spending Christmas in the UK, and Out and About: Winter in Newcastle!