How to pack when studying abroad
How to pack… with INTO
Studying abroad is an exciting adventure where you’ll learn so much not only in the classroom but about other cultures and about yourself too!
However before you leave your home country you have the task of packing and squeezing your life into a suitcase or two. So we’ve put together a useful how to pack when moving abroad video to help you remember all the essentials.
Here’s a useful checklist on how to pack your hand luggage:
– Important documents such as your passport, plane tickets and documents to register at university.
– Valuables and any expensive items.
– Money in your host countries’ currency.
– Your laptop.
– Your phone.
– Chargers for any appliances.
– A book to read on the plane and/or journal and pen.
– A change of clothes for emergencies.
– Some toiletries (please check with airline what restrictions there are on liquids).
– Any medication you will need.
Don’t forget to pack clothes for all climates and bring photos of friends and family with you. Decorating your new room will make you feel at home.
And lastly, if you forget something it will no doubt be available to buy in the country you are studying so don’t panic. There’s also the option to have friends and family post some smaller belongings to you.
So there we have it, a complete round up of what you’ll need and how to pack when moving overseas. All that’s left to do is enjoy the adventure!
Do you have any other packing tips? Share with us and fellow students in the comments section below.
If you’re about to set off on your study abroad journey, share pictures with us, hash-tagging #helloINTO, we love to see how you’re getting on.